Hey Children! Welcome to the humble abode of the not-so-humble people of 13A-land. We hope you have a good time here, and that you do not spew your coffee / milo / water all over the keyboard while viewing. Have fun!

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Juyuan - Chingay Mania

I guess out of the rest of the many pple in my class who took part in Chingay, my part to play must have been the most strenous, tiring, "psychomotoric", yet fun and lively performance, becos of the fact that i do not smply stand on freaking-floats-that-nearly-made-me-trip-and-fall, and just wave my hands =)

Before Chingay had actually begun, our group were happily stoning around our area along the road, eating our take-away food, and cooking ourselves in our costume. Needless to say, with my big appetite, i happily ate 2 packets of rice without fail, only to realise its fatal consequences later on. The float after ours had a female belly dancer on it, and damn was she good. Despite looking/being 40+ years of age, she was unexpectedly flexible and could move her entire body in flawless waves, as tho she didnt have any bones at all. The RJC and RGS gerz, being mesmerized by such skill, decided to take some lessons from the belly-lady, and so, then all crowded around the float as the belly-lady taught them some basics to belly dancing. Even Matin showed e girls what he's got.

Anyway, my dance item was the one combined wif RGS, entitled INFUSION or something along that line. During the 1st performance, i was, expectedly, quite nervous and the adrenaline in me was just pump pump pumping like mad. As the music began with a sinister laugh, our whole group stampeded forwards into our formation, and began the 1st set of moves. This part of the dance was highly successful, but what happened after that was a catastrophobic disaster! As the que came for us to change the formation, i had to be the 1st to run quickly to e back of the float, but my run was hindered bcos of the Sarong-like costume i had to wear. Suddenly, i tripped over my own costume and plunged forwards, landing face-flat on the concrete road. As if on que, the other people behind me came falling down on me, one after the other, as tho this was the oh-so-popular "tau-poking" game. As though that wasnt painful enough, the oncoming float came driving over us, turning everyone into bloody delicious pan-cakes.

Yeah Right.

Non of those non-sensical ramblings occured, except e fact that i realli ALMOST tripped. haha. And I kinda kept screwing up at the 2nd half of the dance, no idea why, but ya, kinda screwed up some steps.

The pair (Weijie and Desmond) just beside me, were caught on camera UP CLOSE, and was on TV. haha. My partner, Shawn, and I, were at the tip of the Triangle Formation, and facing the back, so i guess nobody would bother to catch us on TV or still-Cameras.

After performing 4 times, running, and a whole hell-lot-of screaming and shouting, we were finally done, and undoubtedly starving. So we (around 8 pple) went down to NYDC and had supper, and even drank some alchohol, courtesy of the fact that Hide was already officially 18. haha.

Oh well, fatigue is starting to dawn upon me, so i shall stop with my non-sensical ramblings and head on to bed.

All Chingay involve-ees, it would be good if u guys/gers could share ur experiences too!

Nitez everyone!
*huGgLEz*
LoL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home